and us, when used in this notice, mean
First State Bank
This is our privacy notice for our customers.
When we use the words “you” and “your” we mean the following types of customers:
* Our consumer customers who have a continuing relationship by purchasing or holding financial products or services such as a(n):
- Deposit account
- Loan account
- Safe deposit box
- Financial, investment, or economic advisory services
We will tell you the sources of the information we collect about you. We will tell you what measures we take to secure that information.
Definition of Terms:
- Nonpublic personal information means
information about you that we
collect in connection with providing a financial product or service to you. Nonpublic personal information does not include information that is available from public sources, such as telephone directories or government records. Hereafter, we will use the term “information” to mean nonpublic personal information as defined in this section.
- An affiliate is a company we own
or control, a company that owns or controls us, or a company that
is owned and controlled by the same
company that owns or controls us. Ownership does not mean complete
ownership, but means owning enough to have control.
- A nonaffiliated third party is a
person we do not employ or a company
that is no an affiliate of ours. This is also known as nonaffiliated party, or
simply, as “other party.”
The Information We CollectWe collect information about you from the following sources:
- Information you give us on applications or other forms
- Information about your transactions with us
- Information about your transactions with other parties
- Information from a consumer reporting agency
- Information we receive as a result of verifying customer information
The Confidentiality, Security, And Integrity of Your Information
We restrict access to information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect this information.
Your Information And Other Parties
We will not disclose information about you to anyone except as disclosed in this policy or as permitted by law. Examples of this might include disclosures necessary to service your account or prevent unauthorized transactions.
Information About Former Customers
We do not disclose information about former customers, except as permitted by law.
Your Information And Outside Marketing Services-Future Changes
In the future, we may disclose information about you to outside marketing services, even though we are not doing so now. Here are the kinds of information we may disclose to these services:
- Information you give us on an application or other forms, such as:
You may not opt out of the disclosure of this information.
Types of Outside MarketersWe may disclose information about you in the future to the following types of outside marketers:
- Service providers that perform marketing services for us, such as:
- Direct marketing companies
Reasons For Disclosure
In the future we may disclose information about you to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf to provide you with information about additional products and services.